All over the world tonight, Resolutions are being made… come back in a couple weeks – half of those making them will feel they have already “failed”. Why? Well, a big part, I believe, is because their resolutions weren’t SMART. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. This year, I RESOLVE to make better resolutions for myself. So here goes:
(And FYI, I am writing this at 1:44AM on January 1st, 2013… I simply couldn’t sleep until I had set these down for the upcoming year.)
1. I will read the entire (specific) bible (measurable) in 2013 (attainable – I have a one year bible, realistic – I can physically read and can physically find the time if I plan for it, and timely – it’s been a while since I have gotten through a large portion of scripture, so it’s about time I tackled this and drew closer to my Lord through His word.)
2. I will run in the Raising River Race (specific and measurable) in August of 2013 (attainable – it’s a 5k race and using the c25k program I can get there if I start running in mid-April, realistic – if I train and mentally prepare I can totally do that, and timely – I am finally free of the medical limitations I’ve been facing through 2011-2012 this is the time for me to get back into running which I love)
3. I will build my Thrive business with 6 new team members and 4 presentations a month (specific, measurable, and attainable with good use of time management, realistic because I have already built my team and I’ve been doing this less than a month, and timely because my business will help me continue to remain at home with my children while contributing to our family’s prosperity by providing healthy food – earned by my efforts)
4. I will expand my magazine into the digital market (specific) in an effort to grow the subscriber base by 100% on an international scale (measurable, and I believe completely attainable and realistic, and is also most timely as the partners and I continue to determine the viability of this business)
5. I will complete 36 weeks of lessons with the Littles (specific, measurable, attainable if I stay after myself and on track, realistic as there are 52 weeks before the end of the year, and timely as we have been rather lax in the school department of late while facing medical issues, family & friend issues, and then the chaos of the holidays this past month – it’ll be nice to get back into a schedule I’m thinking.)
6. I will visit England with the Littles in the autumn (specific, measurable, attainable *God willing*, realistic, and timely as Tony’s grandmother will be celebrating her 103rd birthday in July *again, God willing*)
I think that’s all I’m going to give myself in the way of resolutions for 2013. Now to print these and post them everywhere I look! LOL!
What are your SMART resolutions for 2013?